Students of Faith is a ministry within Faith Baptist Iowa Park tailored to serve Jesus, the church, families, and students grades 6-12. We believe that ALL parents are given God’s authority as the primary faith disciplers to raise young men & women after His heart in the grace He provides. This church & ministry exists to partner with you to better serve & equip you to do just that, as well as to be missional towards students whose families don’t know Christ!
We have an awesome core of adult volunteers. The truth is that they find themselves faithfully serving in MANY areas of our local church, and we are in need of parents to come alongside us in discipleship in order to best minister to families and students.
All adult leaders (18 years old or older) will need to submit to a background check, be a regular attender at Faith Baptist Church, and be willing to have a conversation with Daniel Dugger (student minister) about the Gospel.
Please read and consider the following roles that you might join us in serving Jesus, the church, and this ministry:
* Wednesday Night Midweek Worship Chaperones - Provide oversight, care, and relational presence for students in order to foster a healthy, safe, and welcoming night for students of all ages & backgrounds
- 5-6:15pm — Game room, hallways, & main student ministry room
* Wednesday Night Midweek Worship small group leaders - lead discussion, study, & prayer times with students by gender & age groups in order to foster true fellowship in God’s Word around the Gospel & the Scripture topic for each week (weekly discussion guide provided by Dugger no later than Tuesday evening ); we have a great foundation of small group leaders who have been serving for several years now, and we’re always looking for more parents & trustworthy adults to come alongside these leaders & groups in order to encourage deeper discipleship for our students, and also to share the load when “life happens” and various leaders are unable to attend Midweek Worship due to family, work, and health issues
- Middle school guys
- Middle school girls
- High school guys
- High school girls
* Wednesday Night Midweek Worship food prep & serving volunteers - Pick up, prepare, and/or provide various snacks & drinks for students to enjoy at no cost to them in order to bless them (and their families!) on a busy Wednesday evening; coordinating with April Dugger regarding the food we already have and the budget provided in order to simply & best offer nice snacks (balance of some protein & sweets)
- 5-6:15pm — in the student ministry kitchenette, heating/warming/preparing/dishing out snacks & drinks for student access in the game room; cleaning up food from the night to give away and/or reuse in following weeks; at times, picking up food (like pizza, chicken tenders, etc.) to serve from area fast food restaurants
* Sunday Morning Sunday School food prep - assist Brian Moore in preparing & setting out various breakfast foods (donuts, pop tarts, pastries, sausage-biscuits, breakfast burritos, etc.); can be prepared at home and brought to church campus!
- Prep time ~8:30am, food set out to serve by 9:00am
* Sunday Morning Sunday School teacher/leader/mentor presence - come alongside our base of adult volunteer leaders to assist classes of various ages & genders in the teaching, discussion, & application of content (constantly varying topics & Scriptures, content provided at least one week prior to implementation the following Sunday)
- 6th-7th guys & girls co-ed
- 8th-10th girls
- 8th-10th guys
- 11th-12th guys & girls co-ed